Monkey Puzzle Glasgow are looking for fantastic Qualified Nursery Practitioners to join our nursery team and help to provide outstanding education and early years childcare for our children.
As part of Monkey Puzzle Day Nurseries, you will be joining our caring, welcoming and supportive team. Our vision is to inspire change through excellence in childcare, creating a positive impact for generations to come.
For over 20 years, Monkey Puzzle has been providing children the highest quality of care with unlimited opportunities to grow, learn, develop and flourish in our safe and secure environments.
To provide the highest levels of care and education for all children attending the setting.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Contribute to a high standard of quality within the nursery, including practice, environment and resources to meet the requirements of the Early Years Framework
- Ensure appropriate planning and assessment is accurately maintained for key children
- Undertake the role of key person as described in the policy
- Prepare and supervise activities
- Supervise and support children at all times
- Ensure that equality of access and opportunity is provided to all children, parents, staff and visitors
- Ensure that all children are kept safe
- Notify Designated Officer of any safeguarding concerns
- Maintain a positive attitude at all times with children, parents, colleagues and visitors
- Develop and maintain professional working relationships with colleagues, parents and carers
- Ensure confidentiality, where appropriate, is maintained
- Adhere to all health and safety policies and procedures and undertake a shared responsibility for cleanliness and health and safety throughout the nursery
- Work as part of a team to ensure the company’s values are maintained
- Attend monthly staff meetings, planning meetings and undertake training as required
- Undertake any other duties as reasonably requested by line manager
The duties and responsibilities included in this job specification are not exhaustive or restrictive and can be reviewed at any time in the future, changes and other duties deemed relevant to this post may be added.
- You have a positive attitude and creative ideas that inspire children to learn
- You are passionate about providing high standards of care and education to meet the individual needs of all children.
- You take pride in maintaining positive working partnerships with colleagues, parents and carers.
- You recognise the importance of adhering to all company policies and procedures.
- You have good verbal and written communication skills
- Minimum full and relevant Level 3 Social Services (Children and Young People)
- Ability to communicate confidently with adults and children
- Able to work well within a team
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Able to maintain confidentiality and know when to report issues of concern to a senior team member
- Generate creative ideas to inspire learning
- Ability to write reports and keep clear and accurate records
- Ability to write clear objective observations
- Good planning and organising
- Ability to comprehend and adhere to a strict set of policies and procedures
- Work in partnership with parents
- Effective time management
- Sound knowledge of the Early Years Framework
- Able to ensure the safety and welfare of children through a confident knowledge of Safeguarding processes and procedures
- Able to participate in child observations and assessments with a strong understanding of child development
- Background in working to the Early Years Framework
- Experience of supporting children within a Nursery setting
- Experience of working and communicating with parents and carers
Great to haves
- Food and Hygiene Level 2
- Prevent Duty
- Paediatric First Aid
- Self Regulation
- General computer literacy
- Good organisational Skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Able to reflect and learn from personal actions and experience
- Evidence of ongoing personal development
- Able to work confidently with ASN
- Calm in all circumstances
- Able to work on own initiative
- Knowledge of digital learning platforms; i.e, iConnect, FAMLY, Learning Book, Tapestry etc.
- Working with outside agencies
- Health and Safety awareness
- Specific training in child protection
- Experience of, and commitment to, outdoor learning i.e. Forest School.
- Experience with using a range of technologies to teach and asses children, i.e. Interactive White Board, iPad.
To apply for our Nursery Practitioner role, please complete the form below, attaching a copy of your latest form alongside and our nursery team will be in contact with you shortly to discuss your application.